Who Qualifies to File a Multaq® Lawsuit?
Multaq® has been found to more than double the risk of dying when taken by patients who have severe heart failure. It has also been linked to liver damage leading to liver failure and the need for a liver transplant in some patients.
If you or someone you love has suffered liver failure, new or worsened heart failure, or another serious condition while taking Multaq®, you should consult a Multaq® lawyer about the possibility of filing a claim. You might be eligible to seek a financial recovery that would include damages such as medical costs and pain and suffering. To learn more about a possible Multaq® lawsuit, contact us today.
The symptoms you need to be alert to indicating liver toxicity include some combination of:
- Loss of appetite
- Bruising easily
- Feeling unwell
- Extraordinary fatigue
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes)
- Unusually dark urine
If you are suffering from these symptoms, it is important to contact your doctor, for they may indicate your liver is failing. Liver failure occurs when a large part of the liver can no longer perform its main functions of:
- Filtering the blood from the digestive tract before returning it to the rest of the body
- Detoxifying chemicals and metabolizing drugs
- Making proteins important for blood clotting and other purposes
Symptoms of heart failure, for which you should contact your doctor at once, are:
- Shortness of breath after mild exercise
- Shortness of breath or wheezing when resting
- Wheezing, shortness of breath, or coughing up frothy sputum when asleep, at rest, or after only minor exercise
- Rapid weight gain (more than five pounds)
- Needing to use pillows at night to raise yourself up and breathe more easily
- Puffiness of the ankles or legs
Congestive heart failure occurs when your heart can no longer pump blood around your body effectively, depriving your organs of the oxygen-rich blood they need.
Do You Have a Claim? Find Out Now
If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with liver failure or heart failure, and you have been taking Multaq®, you may be able to claim damages from the manufacturer of the medication.
Sufferers of these conditions deserve to be compensated for pain, suffering, and financial damages such as medical bills and lost wages. You should contact a Multaq® injury attorney who will discuss the particulars of your situation and let you know if you qualify to file a lawsuit.
To schedule a free review of your case, please either send us an email or call our offices today.